1 cup cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
2 cups coconut Milk
1 tsp teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1 large Onion (Fine sliced)
1 Green chili (Fine chopped)
2 cardamom pod, cracked open
1 thin sliver of cinnamon
1 Garlic clove (Pound in Mortar Pestle)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 ½ Tsp Cumin Powder (Roasted)
2- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil/ Sunflower Oil
Salt to Taste
Pepper to taste
For the Tadka
10 -12 Curry leaves
½ Tsp Mustard Seeds
½Tsp curry powder
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
1) Heat oil in a saucepan, and add mustard seeds, when they start spluttering, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, green chilies stir for 1 min.
2) Add curry leaves and stir until it releases fragrant aroma.
3) Add Sliced Onions and garlic and cook until they turn pink.
4) Add the turmeric powder, roasted Cumin powder, stir for about 30 secs.
5) Add soaked cashews and stir to coat with masalas.
6) Pour in coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil.
7) Cook on a slow simmer until the cashews soften – about 45 minutes.
8) If the curry is too thick, add more water ( Make sure the water is warm)
9) Before serving heat oil in Tadka pan add mustard seeds, curry leaves switch off the gas and Garam Masala.
10)Pour over the Cashew curry, season with Salt and pepper.
11)Serve Hot with Steamed Rice.